Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Half is Near

It's coming. The race. 13.1 miles. In Vegas. 7 days from now.

My husband and a co-worker/friend will be doing it with me. We've all been training. Sometimes together, often separate. My longest run was last weekend. 10 miles. On the treadmill (it was cold out!). Long runs on the treadmill aren't actually all that bad. Especially if you're slow like me. I watched an entire movie and part of Grey's Anatomy.

I'm excited. I'm a little bit scared. I'm nervous. I'm hopeful.

P.S. Oh, and operation lung cleansing? Nearly 3 months. Easiest quit I've ever done.

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Wow! I can't believe the marathon is almost here!!! You're going to do great! I'll be cheering you on from the cyberspace sidelines.

Jenn said...

OH!

Please take me in spirit! (I can fold up really small, like a pair of thong undies).

Christine said...

I am so thrilled and impressed by you. You almost make me want to start running again. Almost ;).

Jenn said...

Please quit killing me with curiousity and tell me if you're alive.